Chinese yam is native to China, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan, where it can be found growing wild on hill slopes and in valleys. It is also propagated for medicinal and dietary uses.
營養豐富新鮮淮山 生吃長芋味道清淡 – 在日式超巿中，日本名字叫長芋（Nagaimo），是一種淺啡色，身上有毛茸的根莖蔬菜。長芋最初是由中國引入日本的，特別適合在寒冷的地區生長，尤其日夜溫差愈大，所生長的長芋質素就會愈高。長芋一般都會在5月開始種植，11月至12月是長芋最佳的收成日子。
- 將醋汁混合長芋 至少15分鐘， 即成。
- 梅酢/ 玄米酢(醋)
- 鹽 (梅酢不需要鹽)
- 可以配秋葵及紫菜 作裝飾
Fresh Chinese yam Vinegar Sauces:
- Japanese Ume Vinegar / Brown Rice Vinegar
- Kombu Soup / Water
- Sea Salt
- Cane Sugar
- Sliced the Fresh Chinese yam
- Soaked into the Vinegar Sauce immediately to avoid being oxidized and marinate at least 15mins for serve
- can keep it in fridge or room temperature
Top 8 China yam health benefits
1) Strengthening the spleen and stomach to aid digestion. Fresh yam contains amylase, polyphenol oxidase, and other matters, which make it a perfect medicine and food to help digestion and absorption. It helps regardless of it is spleen-yang or stomach-yin deficiency. Therefore, clinically it treats deficient spleen-stomach, loss of appetite, body fatigue, diarrhea and other diseases;
2) Nourishing kidney and enriching essence. It contains a variety of nutrients, which can make body stronger, nourish kidney, increase sperm count, and improve sperm quality. So, it is widely used for impotence, nocturnal emission, abnormal vaginal discharge, frequent urination, and more;
3) Benefiting lung to stop cough. It contains saponins and mucilage, which have a lubricating and moisturizing effect. Hence, it benefits lung qi, enriches lung yin, and treat chronic cough due to lung deficiency and phlegm;
4) Lowering blood sugar. Fresh yam contains mucus protein that can lower blood sugar. Therefore, it can be used in the treatment of diabetes or a good diabetic diet;
5) Promoting longevity. Raw yam contains a lot of mucus protein , vitamins and trace elements, which can effectively stop the precipitation of lipids in the blood vessel wall and thereby prevent cardiovascular. In other words, it tranquilizes the mind, promotes intelligence, and prolongs life;
6) Preventing hepatic coma. Recent studies have found that it is with sedative effect and can be used to prevent hepatic coma;
7) Soothing mood and regulating sleep. Unlike ginseng, the medicinal properties of Chinese yams are quite mild and slow. And it can soothe mood and adjust sleep while regulating the function of spleen.
8) Tonifying deficiency. Zhang Zhongjing, one of the best Chinese physicians in TCM history, was very good at using this herb. In his medical book Jin Gui Yao Lue (Essential Prescriptions of the Golden Coffer), it is used to cure qi-blood deficiency, stomach pain, arthralgia, amenorrhea, irregular menstruation and other symptoms.